|Generation One||Generation Two||Generation Three||Generation Four|
|8. James Alexander Erwin|
|b. 16 May 1831, Westville, N.Y.|
|4. Vinton Allen Erwin||m. 3 Oct 1858, Deep River, Conn.|
|b. 22 Jun 1859, Deep River, Conn.||d. 20 Oct 1915, Woodville, Minn.|
|m. 19 Jan 1884, St Peter, Minn.|
|d. 12 Feb 1893, Bridgeport, Conn.||9. Emily Goodrich Pratt|
|b. 2 Jul 1836, Deep River, Conn.|
|2. Albert James Erwin Sr||d. 18 Feb 1908, Bridgeport, Conn.|
|b. 17 Oct 1884, St Peter, Minn.|
|m. 22 Jun 1910, Mankato, Minn.|
|d. 20 Aug 1959, Seattle, Wash.|
|10. Carl Johan Sandberg|
|b. 26 Mar 1826, Sweden|
|5. Louisa Matilda Sandberg||m. 19 Jul 1860, Nicollet Co, Minn.|
|b. 4 Apr 1863, St Peter, Minn.||d. 22 Feb 1904, Traverse, Minn.|
|d. 30 Jan 1948, Woodville, Minn.|
|1. Gladys Ruth Erwin||11. Carolina Johnson|
|b. 3 Sep 1830, Sweden|
|1. Helen Mae Erwin||d. 22 Nov 1909, Traverse, Minn.|
|1. Stella Elizabeth Erwin|
|12. Samuel Lockwood Close|
|1. Albert James Erwin Jr||b. 21 Sep 1827, Sullivan, Ohio|
|6. Leslie Walter Close||m. 12 Sep 1850, Wellington, Ohio|
|b. 5 Sep 1851, Sullivan, Ohio||d. 29 Nov 1914, Grants Pass, Ore.|
|m. 20 Oct 1873, Rochester, Ohio|
|d. 27 Jul 1895, Little Rock, Ark.||13. Mary Louisa Foote|
|b. 8 Jun 1832, Wellington, Ohio|
|3. Sarah Elizabeth Close||d. 29 Jan 1893, Lake Crystal, Minn.|
|b. 6 Sep 1886, Deer Creek, Minn.|
|d. 13 May 1974, Enumclaw, Wash.|
|14. Samuel Orange Stevens Jr|
|b. 24 Jul 1830, Castile, New York|
|7. Pamela Adella Stevens||m. 25 Nov 1851, Galesburg, Ill.|
|b. 1 Dec 1852, Galesburg, Ill.||d. 23 Aug 1899, Oneida, Ill.|
|d. 26 May 1904, Mankato, Minn.|
|15. Marinda Mary Burge|
|b. 15 Sep 1831, Sullivan, Ohio|
|d. 24 Jan 1895, Oneida, Ill.|
1. Albert James Erwin Sr. was born at St. Peter, Nicollet County, Minnesota, 17 Oct 1884 and died at Seattle, King County, Washington, 20 August 1959 at age 74. He married at Mankato, Blue Earth County, Minnesota, 22 June 1910, Sarah Elizabeth Close.
2. Sarah Elizabeth "Sadie" Close was born at Deer Creek, Otter Tail County, Minnesota, 6 September 1886 and died at Enumclaw, King County, Washington, 13 May 1964 at age 77.
Albert was a bookkeeper by profession having earned a degree in accounting from Gustavus Adolphus College in 1905. He went to work for the Soo Line Railroad and lived in Minneapolis where he probably met his future bride as they lived in the same boarding house for a time. After their marriage Albert and Sadie settled in their first home at 4633 1st Ave. S., Minneapolis. daughters Gladys and Helen were born here. In 1916 Sadie was expecting her third child and the family moved to a larger home at 2221 Selby Ave., St. Paul. Daughter Stella was born here.
By 1921 Albert was working for the Banner Grain Co. in downtown Minneapolis. Instead of starting home immediately after work, he joined his colleagues for some liquid refreshment. Apparently this caused some problem at home and Sadie decided the only solution was a change of environment. When a salesman came around offering lots for sale in a new development near Seattle, she determined to move West. Her decision was supported by postcards praising the Pacific Northwest from childhood friends, the Hoeys, who lived in Bryn Mawr near Renton.
3. Vinton Allen Erwin was born at Deep River, Middlesex County, Connecticut, 22 June 1859 and died at Bridgeport, Fairfield County, Connecticut, 12 February 1893 at age 34. He married at St. Peter, Nicollet County, Minnesota, 19 January 1884, Louisa Matilda Sandberg.
4. Louisa Matilda Sandberg was born at St. Peter, 4 April 1863 and died at Woodville, Waseca County, Minnesota, 30 January 1948 at age 84.
5. Leslie Walter Close was born at Sullivan, Ashland County, Ohio, 5 September 1851 and died at Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas, 27 Jul 1895 at age 43. He married at Rochester, Lorain County, Ohio, 29 October 1873, Pamela Adella Stevens.
6. Pamela Adella Stevens was born at Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois, 1 December 1852 and died at Mankato, Blue Earth County, Minnesota, 26 May 1904 at age 51.